iCal Subscription Feed - Calendar Synchronization with Outlook, Google, iPad, iPhone, Android
CASEFOX OFFERS A SEAMLESS INTEGRATION WITH GOOGLE AND OFFICE365 CALENDARS (CALENDARS IN MOBILE DEVICES CAN BE SYNCED TO GOOGLE/OFFICE365). iCAL SYNC IS NOT REQUIRED IF YOU USE GOOGLE OR OFFICE365
CaseFox® offers tracking important dates and action items. See Docketing/Calendaring and Calendaring Rules.
iCal is a standard protocol for synchronizing calendar entries across heterogeneous environments. CaseFox® offers iCal feed subscription to enable external calendars (e.g., Outlook, Google Calendar, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Android) automatically synchronize with calendaring items created in CaseFox®. This is a one time setup, once the synchronization link is established, the external calendar/device will automatically connect (at regular intervals) to CaseFox® to update calendar entries of all cases. This is a one-way synchronization. Meaning if a calendar entry is changed or added in CaseFox, the entry will automatically be updated/added in the external calendar but updates in the external calendar will not be synchronized back to CaseFox®.
*** The following process needs to be performed only once for each type of external calendar ***
Google/Office365 Calendar Instructions
Automatic Calendar Sync with Google/Office365 Calendar
To enable CaseFox to automatically create calendar entries in your Google Calendar:
1. Login to your CaseFox account. Go to "Settings/Tools/Reports" -> "Google Settings" or "Office365 Link".
2. Use the button to link to your Google Contacts and Calendar. Screen will redirect to Google for permissions. Grant permission to CaseFox.
Once your CaseFox account is linked with your Google Calendar, calendaring items created in Cases (Projects)->"Calendaring" are automatically synced with
your Google Calendar. You may edit these entries in Google Calendar. To update corresponding entries in CaseFox, click on "Update Cal/Tasks" link on your CaseFox account dashboard.
IF YOU HAVE LINKED YOUR CASEFOX ACCOUNT WITH GOOGLE OR OFFICE365 CALENDAR, YOU DO NOT NEED TO SUBSCRIBE TO ICAL FEED.
1. Login to CaseFox. Right button click on icon and copy the link address (if you paste the link address in NotePad, it should look like this: webcal://secure.casefox.com/iCalFeed/Index?id=I82X5exjK423F8H+qZdAJg==).
2. Copy the link in Notepad or any text editor. Replace "Index" to "gcal" in the URL. The URL then should look like this: webcal://secure.casefox.com/iCalFeed/gcal?id=I82X5exjK423F8H+qZdAJg==. This needs to be done because Google Calendar has a flawed implementation of iCal standards.
3. Visit https://www.google.com/calendar. In the left column, click on the down arrow next to "Other Calendars".
4. From the menu select "Add by URL".
5. Enter the feed URL in the dialog box then click Add Calendar. Note: it might take upto an hour to sync all calendar entries. Times are not adjusted for Day Light Saving (DST).
It might take a while before you will see all calendar entries. Google doesn't offer settings to view or change sync time intervals.
Outlook Calendar Instructions
1. Login to CaseFox. Click on icon. If Outlook is installed on your machines, a pop-up will come up. Follow instructions.
2. Click the drop-down arrow next to the "Refresh Calendars" field, then select 1 hr.
If a pop-up doesn't come up in step 1 (for Windows):
1. Right Button click on CaseFox iCal icon and click on "Copy Link Address" (paste it to Notepad).
2. Open Outlook.
3. Click on "Calendar" (towards the lower left corner - Outlook for Windows).
4. Right Button Click on "Other Calendars".
5. Click on "Add Calendar".
6. Click on "From Internet".
7. Enter the URL and click ok.
1.Download and Install ICalSync application from here https://play.google.com/store/search?q=ICalSync+khoas&c=apps
2.Run ICalSync app on android phone and it would give you an option to go to "Go to Sync Accounts"
3.Click on "Add account" from the bottom right.
5.Enter Name and other details. In "choose URL" enter the ICal URL which you can copy by right clicking . (Note: replace webcal:// with https:// in this link)
6.Set synchronize time to 1 hour and save it.
7.You will start seeing all your appointments directly in your mobile's native calendar. You can even customize settings to get an alert prior to appointments.
For other devices/applications (e.g., iPhone, Mac), please search on the Internet.